Andrew and Ashley were on a pre-Thanksgiving ice skating date when Ashley noticed that Andrew looked really nervous. She thought maybe he wasn’t feeling well. They had been skating for a while when Andrew fell on the ice. “It was the worst fall, but also really funny. I was laughing hysterically at him, and before I knew it, I was trying to help him up, but he was to get up. All of a sudden he was on one knee, telling me that he needed to ask me a question. He popped open the ring box, and asked me to marry him.”
While the proposal was on a chilly day, their wedding was just the opposite. “It was absolutely gorgeous. The wedding ceremony was perfect. Nothing went wrong and I was so happy to see all of our loved ones there for Andrew and I, sharing in the moment we became husband and wife.”
The couple’s bridal party included the bride’s sister as the Maid of Honor, the groom’s best friend as Best Man, seven bridesmaids and six groomsmen. 125 guests were in attendance.
The couple chose a color palette of baby blue, ivory and silver. The colors were used throughout the day, including in their bouquets, bridesmaid’s bouquets and reception decor.
Ashley is a Territory Manager for Apria Healthcare and Andrew works for Service Mechanical, Inc. as a steamfitter in the DC area. They reside in Martinsburg, West Virginia.
First dance: Die A Happy Man- Thomas Rhet, sung by groom’s brother and uncle
Honeymoon: St. Thomas
How they met: in High school
Favorite part of wedding planning: spending time with friends and family
- Venue: Fountain Head Country Club**
- Photographer: Hypnotic Imagery**
- Wedding attire: (dress/suit/etc): David’s Bridal, Mens Warehouse (Hagerstown, MD)
- Rings/jewelry: Bechdel Jewelers, Inwood WV
- Dessert: Sweet Inspirations and Classic Chocolates
- Flowers/decor: Bells and Bows Florist
- Hair/Makeup: 9 West Hair Studio
- Music/entertainment: Wizer Productions
- Videographer: Trey Lowell
- Transportation:On The Town Limousine