Mr. and Mrs. Donald L. Pilson, Sr. were married on Dec. 22, 1956 at Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church, in Ijamsville, Md., by the Rev. Leon Sage. They are still active in the church. They live in Mount Airy in the same house Mr. Pilson built 54 years ago.
The Pilson’s are the parents of three children, six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Mr. Pilson was a builder in the masonry business until his retirement. He started repairing lawn mowers and small engines for people as a hobby. He loved doing this, meeting people and is known as “Don,” and “Pops,” during retirement.
Mrs. Pilson, formerly known as Loretta V. Hawkins from Leesburg, Va. When she first lived in Frederick, she worked at Tyler’s Jewelry store and most of her life as a bookkeeper and homemaker, during these 60 years.